address children’s wellbeing through
Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation
8-Week Children’s Programme | Facilitator’s Course | Personal Development Days
Perth, Western Australia
Calming Minds have developed an experience based 8-week programme covering focus areas in the Child Protection Curriculum and aligning with the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. Using current evidence based research, students can experience the benefits of quietening and calming their minds while regulating their own emotions in a fun way. To improve their ability to retain and recall information, improve concentration and learn to redirect mind chatter from a negative to a positive mindset to support good mental health.
Clare hold’s ‘Children’s Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation Classes’ which run for one hour a week for 8-weeks held before, after or during school hours.
Clare also does one-on-one sessions with the students and trains facilitator’s so they can run the 8-week programme at various schools. Clare also attends Personal Development Days for teachers, empowering them with the tools and technique so they can introduce into the classroom.
Clare believes it is instrumental in enabling others to introduce mindful techniques and meditation to children, to creating more balanced environments for conducive learning and to help children regulate their own emotions in time of stress or fear while reprogramming their self-belief.
Clare believes this is such a special gift we can give to our children, not only so they can use in their every day life now but a beautiful skill-set they can take into their adulthood.
Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation has a profound impact on our overall health. There is an emerging amount of research and evidence that indicates that mindfulness & meditation can help our overall wellbeing and provide a sense of calm.
Mindful Meditation has many benefits such as:
- teaches us how to breath properly
- reduces stress
- helps with depression and anxiety
- helps with social behaviour
- helps with focus and concentration
- addresses self-esteem issues
- helps us calm down and be in the moment bringing a sense of CALM
- teaching us to be resilient & positive
- gives us coping tools for life
- left and right brain stimulation
- using the same part of the brain as reading, writing and creativity
- helps special needs children with things such as ADD & ADHD
- helps our overall wellbeing! … and these are just to name a few!
Calming Minds: ‘8-Week Programme for Children’
Addressing children’s wellbeing through Movement, Mindfulness and Meditation. We come to your school and run an ‘8 Week Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation Programme’ which is a creative way to support the overall wellbeing of children. Children can experience and develop a skill set to manage underlying thought processes and empower them when facing personal challenges.
This programme is held during, before or after school hours, one hour a week for eight weeks. Each session has a concept which aligns to the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. These classed equip students with skills they can use at pivotal points in their schooling journey and equip children with the greatest life tools we can give them. This is such a precious gift to gift our children of today, as they can take this skill set into adult hood.
Calming Minds: 8-week programme includes:
- Mindful Movement/Games and Yoga
- Breathing Techniques to manage our emotions to reduce stress and anxiety
- Guided Visualisation Meditation encouraging ‘calm children’
- Teaching positive self-talk to build self-esteem
- Promotes awareness of thought and action
- Nourishing creativity and encouraging compassion, generosity and respect
- Stimulates parts of the brain that increase focus and concentration
- Guidance and Resources for Parents on a Private Facebook page
- We have fun while learning!
Classes include song/dance, mindfulness activities, breathing and movement along with guided meditation. All classes are extremely fun and interactive, helping children to learn valuable tools to help them find a sense of peace and calm.
‘Calming Minds: 8-week Programme’, is an easy and fun way to address and support:
- Behavioural challenges in the classroom and at home
- Children suffering from anxiety, depression or overwhelmed by emotions
- Home, family and relationship stresses and worries
- Resilience and Positivity
- Left and right brain stimulation
- Creative children
- Playground bullying
- Children with ADD and ADHD
- Non-competitive children
- Stress and worry relating to formal testing at a school or national level (NAPLAN)
- Wellbeing of the whole child physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
Calming Minds: Facilitator’s Course
This session is aimed at empowering people who wish to teach children the ‘Calming Minds: 8 week Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation programme’ in the community.
Our Resources have been carefully created to address common behavioural issues such as concentration and focus in the classroom, self-esteem, anxiety and stress. We focus on teaching children stress management strategies, breathing techniques, guided meditation, mindfulness activities and positive self-talk in a fun and engaging way. Our intention is to guide children to grow into mindful and productive members of the community while giving them the toolset to cope with everyday life.
Each session has a concept which aligns to the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands along with supporting the development of a child in a creative way.
You will be trained in Mindfulness & Meditation and given the 8-week course plan which will equip you to having the skillset to run your own sessions empowering children’s lives.
Calming Minds: Staff Professional Development Day – Introduce Mindfulness & Meditation into the Classroom
This session is aimed at empowering teachers with the knowledge on the profound benefits of teaching children Mindfulness and Meditation, giving them the tools to use in the classroom:
Bringing the science and benefits behind Movement, Mindfulness and Meditation into the classroom. Calming Minds have developed an experience based 8-week programme covering focus areas in the Child Protection Curriculum and aligning with the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. Using current evidence based research, students can experience the benefits of quietening and calming their minds while regulating their own emotions. To improve their ability to retain and recall information, improve concentration and learn to redirect mind chatter from a negative to a positive mindset to support good mental health. Our staff present this programme and how to embed these techniques into the everyday running of a classroom.
Why not address overall WELLBEING in a fun way and gift your child a powerful tool to take through to their adulthood and live a happy and peaceful life!!!
For more information please contact us here: