Calming Minds 8-Week Programme
address children’s wellbeing through
Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation
taught during school term at various primary schools across Perth
Calming Minds have developed an experience based 8-week programme covering focus areas in the Child Protection Curriculum and aligning with the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. Using current evidence based research, students can experience the benefits of quietening and calming their minds while regulating their own emotions in a fun way. To improve their ability to retain and recall information, improve concentration and learn to redirect mind chatter from a negative to a positive mindset to support good mental health.
Calming Minds ‘Children’s Movement, Mindful Meditation 8-Week Programme’ are held at various schools across Perth, Western Australia during school term. The programme runs for one hour a week, for 8-weeks.
Calming Minds not only offers group sessions, but also facilitates children’s one-on-one sessions to address individual children’s needs.
Calming Minds also attends Personal Development Days for teachers, empowering them with the tools and technique so they can introduce into the classroom and/or introduce into their own life.
Calming Minds believes it is instrumental in enabling others to introduce mindful techniques and meditation to children, to creating more balanced environments for conducive learning and to help children regulate their own emotions in time of stress or fear while reprogramming their self-belief.
Mindful Meditation is such a special gift we can give to our children, not only so they can use in their every day life now but a beautiful skill-set they can take into their adulthood.
Movement, Mindfulness and Meditation has a profound impact on our overall health. There is an emerging amount of research and evidence that indicates that mindfulness & meditation can help our overall wellbeing and provide a sense of calm.
Mindful Meditation has many benefits such as:
- teaches us how to breath properly
- reduces stress
- helps with depression and anxiety
- helps with social behaviour
- helps with focus and concentration
- addresses self-esteem issues
- helps us calm down and be in the moment bringing a sense of CALM
- teaching us to be resilient & positive
- gives us coping tools for life
- left and right brain stimulation
- using the same part of the brain as reading, writing and creativity
- helps special needs children with things such as ADD & ADHD
- helps our overall wellbeing! … and these are just to name a few!
‘Calming Minds: 8-week Programme’ is an easy and fun way to address and support:
- Behavioural challenges in the classroom and at home
- Children suffering from anxiety, depression or overwhelmed by emotions
- Home, family and relationship stresses and worries
- Resilience and Positivity
- Left and right brain stimulation
- Creative children
- Playground bullying
- Children with ADD and ADHD
- Non-competitive children
- Stress and worry relating to formal testing at a school or national level (NAPLAN)
- Wellbeing of the whole child physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
Calming Mind Classes include song/dance, mindfulness activities, breathing and movement along with guided meditation. All classes are extremely fun and interactive, helping children to learn valuable tools to help them find a sense of peace and calm.
‘Calming Minds: 8-week Programme’ includes:
- Mindful Movement/Games and Yoga
- Breathing Techniques to manage our emotions to reduce stress and anxiety
- Guided Visualisation Meditation encouraging ‘calm children’
- Teaching positive self-talk to build self-esteem
- Promotes awareness of thought and action
- Nourishing creativity and encouraging compassion, generosity and respect
- Stimulates parts of the brain that increase focus and concentration
- Guidance and Resources for Parents on a Private Facebook page
- We have fun while learning!
Why not address overall WELLBEING in a fun way and gift your child a powerful tool to take through to their adulthood and live a happy and peaceful life!!!
If your child’s school doesn’t offer our programme to their students, we are happy to contact your Principal and offer the Calming Minds 8-Week Programme.
Holistic Investment $150 per child for the term; 1-hour for an eight week period. This includes take home pack of mindfulness tools to use in the comfort of your home, along with parents receiving weekly updates on what their child has learnt, so you can keep the skillset alive in the home and encourage daily.
Please contact us below if you would like to know more about our Calming Minds Programme as we would love to hear from you.