Calming Minds 8-Week Programme
address children’s wellbeing through
Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation
8-Week Children’s Programme
across Perth, Western Australia
Calming Minds have developed an experience based 8-week programme covering focus areas in the Child Protection Curriculum and aligning with the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. Using current evidence based research, students can experience the benefits of quietening and calming their minds while regulating their own emotions in a fun way. To improve their ability to retain and recall information, improve concentration and learn to redirect mind chatter from a negative to a positive mindset to support good mental health.
Calming Minds ‘Children’s Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation 8-Week Programme’ are held at various schools across Perth, Western Australia. The programme runs for one hour a week, for 8-weeks. These classes are held at various schools across Perth either before, after or during school hours.
Calming Minds not only offers group sessions, but also facilitates children’s one-on-one sessions to address individual children’s needs.
Calming Minds also attends Personal Development Days for teachers, empowering them with the tools and technique so they can introduce into the classroom and/or introduce into their own life.
Calming Minds believes it is instrumental in enabling others to introduce mindful techniques and meditation to children, to creating more balanced environments for conducive learning and to help children regulate their own emotions in time of stress or fear while reprogramming their self-belief.
Mindfulness and Meditation is such a special gift we can give to our children, not only so they can use in their every day life now but a beautiful skill-set they can take into their adulthood.
Mindfulness and Meditation has a profound impact on our overall health. There is an emerging amount of research and evidence that indicates that mindfulness and meditation can help our overall wellbeing and provide a sense of calm.
Mindful Meditation has many benefits such as:
- teaches us how to breath properly
- reduces stress
- helps with depression and anxiety
- helps with social behaviour
- helps with focus and concentration
- addresses self-esteem issues
- helps us calm down and be in the moment bringing a sense of CALM
- teaching us to be resilient & positive
- gives us coping tools for life
- left and right brain stimulation
- using the same part of the brain as reading, writing and creativity
- helps special needs children with things such as ADD & ADHD
- helps our overall wellbeing! … and these are just to name a few!
Calming Minds: ‘8-Week Programme for Children’
Addressing children’s wellbeing through Movement, Mindfulness and Meditation. We come to your school and run an ‘8 Week Movement, Mindfulness & Meditation Programme’ which is a creative way to support the overall wellbeing of children. Children can experience and develop a skill set to manage underlying thought processes and empower them when facing personal challenges.
This programme is held during, before or after school hours, one hour a week for eight weeks. Each session has a concept which aligns to the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum strands. These classed equip students with skills they can use at pivotal points in their schooling journey and equip children with the greatest life tools we can give them. This is such a precious gift to gift our children of today, as they can take this skill set into adult hood.
Calming Minds: 8-week programme includes:
- Mindful Movement/Games and Yoga
- Breathing Techniques to manage our emotions to reduce stress and anxiety
- Guided Visualisation Meditation encouraging ‘calm children’
- Teaching positive self-talk to build self-esteem
- Promotes awareness of thought and action
- Nourishing creativity and encouraging compassion, generosity and respect
- Stimulates parts of the brain that increase focus and concentration
- Guidance and Resources for Parents on a Private Facebook page
- We have fun while learning!
Classes include song/dance, mindfulness activities, breathing and movement along with guided meditation. All classes are extremely fun and interactive, helping children to learn valuable tools to help them find a sense of peace and calm.
‘Calming Minds: 8-week Programme’, is an easy and fun way to address and support:
- Behavioural challenges in the classroom and at home
- Children suffering from anxiety, depression or overwhelmed by emotions
- Home, family and relationship stresses and worries
- Resilience and Positivity
- Left and right brain stimulation
- Creative children
- Playground bullying
- Children with ADD and ADHD
- Non-competitive children
- Stress and worry relating to formal testing at a school or national level (NAPLAN)
For more information please contact us here: